Charmed RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmed RPG

A (newly renovated) place to RP based off our favorite show!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible Revamp coming

Go down 
+8
Raphael Orfeo
Calvin Nathan Cat
Berzerker
Phoebe Halliwell
Kevin Halliwell
Payson
Scarlett Halliwell
Piper
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Piper
Admin
Piper

Possible Revamp coming Empty
PostSubject: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:07 am

Hello everyone, it's good to finally be able to type something again. My absence around my birthday was a bit unplanned but between my job and school schedule things got hectic. I'm also looking for a second job because I'm moving in the summer...blah blah blah, I won't bore you all with the details so let's move on to more pressing matters.

As you all have noticed, our site is suffering from lack of activity in certain areas. I take full responsiblity being that plots usually need me to move along and I'll understand anyone being upset with me. As far as the site goes, I am indeed hoping and trying to keep it going so I have an idea that we revamp the site, being that all current plots will be dismissed and I'll clear the entire site's posts. This will not dismiss anything history wise that has happened, we'll just agree to how somethings will have played out or re-do them if we see fit. I however cannont make this decision alone so I will need everyone's opinion on this. Please post below either Agree or Disagree on my revamp idea.

Thanks in advance.
-Piper
Back to top Go down
https://charmedworld.rpg-board.net
Scarlett Halliwell

Scarlett Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:15 am

Piper how are we then going to do that all? I mean revamp the site and such thing? Does this intervine with the characters and there history together?
Back to top Go down
Piper
Admin
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:27 am

Read my post again slowly. I explained that above
Back to top Go down
Payson

Payson

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:44 am

With the chalkboard wiped clean, can we agree to move ahead 10 months or 18 months ahead from the current plots and have bit of peace so all characters can have time to interact with each other and be spaced out a bit?

Otherwise I agree. Think a revamp of the site would be a good thing!
Back to top Go down
Piper
Admin
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:49 am

I like that idea alot actually! Normally we always have a huge plot going on so with a small time jump, characters can actually take the time to enjoy their interactions with others!
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Halliwell

Scarlett Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 am

Yeahh... That is a great idea what Payson said.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Halliwell
Admin
Kevin Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:49 am

As usual i agree with you Piper.

Greetz
Back to top Go down
Phoebe Halliwell

Phoebe Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:20 am

YES!!! From all four of my characters. The current plot is confusing and utterly boring actually. Please do a revamp.... Save the posts from the wedding though if you can.
Back to top Go down
Payson

Payson

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:55 am

I came up with the idea Kevin Razz
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:11 pm

I agree, the Revamp may be in order. The Current RP got Stagnant and Delayed with Minor Side Stories. If the only Roleplay is Side Stories being stretched to be complete stories, then it gets hard to play or stay interested.

Bear
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 pm

That would be great - after all, maybe there is some opportunity of introducing the new players (e.g. me) then. ^^
Back to top Go down
Raphael Orfeo

Raphael Orfeo

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 am

@Payson: Yeah i know but i agreed with the revamp didn't say anything about going in the future Smile
Back to top Go down
Ean Leucojum

Ean Leucojum

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:45 am

I'm cool with it. Only questions I really have are about our character registration pages. Would they still be up and if not would this be a good time to add or remove details? And get re-approved?
Back to top Go down
Phoebe Halliwell

Phoebe Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:16 am

Yes they will still be up. Anyone who is already approved, stays approved.
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Halliwell

Scarlett Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:39 am

Is it a good idea to rewrite the character, only the players that are allready in the roleplay, not the new players. So the new players will know were everybody stands!
Back to top Go down
Calvin Nathan Cat

Calvin Nathan Cat

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:40 am

yeap, looking forward for that re-vamp. It will be an interesting concept.
Back to top Go down
Piper
Admin
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 am

Alright so it looks like we're all agreed on the revamp idea. Good then. So as of now, (Kevin, I'll be needing your help with this) we will begin deleting all old posts in the RP world. I'll also work on a summarization on the history thus far as well as word in how much time we'll jump ahead. Bear with us and we'll try to make this as quick as possible so we can all enjoy the site once more.

Thanks all!
-Piper
Back to top Go down
Phoebe Halliwell

Phoebe Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Please try to save the posts from the wedding?
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Piper if you need help typing up a summary, let me know. I could probably do it in one night. Not Tonight or Tomorrow night, but I can do it the next night and have it done in a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:07 pm

I am looking at a couple of ideas.

simming.net allows for Sims to be moved over from another format onto their server. It will increase our visitors.

I am going to move one of my Sims over there. It is a Stargate Sim.

So if Piper and Kevin want to, we can move both Charmed World and Charmed World TNG Over there.

I am also looking at a program called Nova. I can build a site that would make it more linear. I am looking at doing it so we could do several sims on one site. I can cover the cost of the site.

Bear
Back to top Go down
Jason Rossi

Jason Rossi

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 am

Oh gosh, saw this topic just now. Pardon me xD By the way, I know I'm a new member, but as much as my opinion counts, I think a revamp would definitely be the best thing for a "new beginning" of the RPG. I'm saying this because this is definitely one of the less complicated/funniest RPGs I've ever seen on the internet, but it's plain to see the whole thing's not working at its full potential, and it's kinda sad to see that everything struggles to go on the way it could and should, especially with this being the only active Charmed RPG on the internet (to my knowledge)
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Sometimes you just have to say, "This Episode it over. Let's start the next one." It is not about scrapping everything. New Episodes or new Seasons mean the introduction of new characters.
Back to top Go down
Piper
Admin
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:50 am

Phoebe, I'm afraid we'll be deleting the posts from the wedding however we'll incorporate things into the history that way it's not like it never happened. Walker, why don't you type up a mock summary of everything and PM it to myself and Kevin for review. We're working on the deleting posts right now, and I myself and am about to take time to edit out the character apps so we can keep track of members and character profiles better.
Back to top Go down
Berzerker

Berzerker

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 am

Alright Boss,

I will type that up. Working on the Personal Site now. I will move my Stargate over there and show it to you that way. Working on finding a host.

Bear
Back to top Go down
Scarlett Halliwell

Scarlett Halliwell

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 am

Piper I hope you and kevin are not deleting the post were scarlett and raphael are in scarlett's room. Would you please not delete the posts there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Revamp coming   Possible Revamp coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Revamp coming
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next